Market Research & Regulation
OAUA Consulting provides advice to its members on power market design and regulation. We analyze the implications of power market rules, trading mechanisms, electricity tariffs and ancillary services structures to assess their effect on industrial consumers & power generators. Our studies assist our members to retain revenues, recover costs from operation. A growing area of study is the analysis of power market structures to facilitate the integration of renewable energy.
Features and Benefits
- Analysis of power market rules, power generation dispatch and system operations
- Impact of power market design on pricing, electricity trading and strategic planning.
- Design of the power market for electricity balancing and ancillary services that facilitate secure integration of renewable energy.
- Assessment of electricity and network tariff structures to enable adequate cost-recovery in line with regulatory requirements.
- Power market design and analysis.
- Rules for dispatch and system operation.
- Opportunities for electricity balancing and ancillary services.
- Facilitation of renewable energy integration.
- Quantitative electricity market segment analysis.
- Analysis of electricity and network tariff structures.